Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I'm sure I've mentioned before how much I love garlic. I'm also pretty surprised that I still have friends and Boyfriend, given how often I probably have epic garlic breath.

I may be smelly, but at least I have healthy blood circulation! I win.

This recipe for mashed potatoes is actually my own, and I have ruined many dinners in my efforts to perfect them. It took me a while, but I finally found the perfect formula, and now, for the first time ever, making their internet debut, I give you...

Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes.


Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes

(makes 4 servings)

INGREDIENTS

  1. 6 red potatoes, peeled and chopped into quarters
  2. 6 cloves of garlic, minced
  3. 1 tbs olive oil
  4. 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  5. 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
  6. Salt and pepper (or white pepper) to taste

DIRECTIONS
  
  1. Place potatoes in a large stock pot with about 1-2 inches of cold water.
  2. Bring water to a simmer, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender
  3.  Strain potatoes and remove them from the pot. Set them aside.
  4. In the same stock pot, saute garlic, rosemary, and olive oil over medium heat until it is slightly browned.
  5. Add potatoes back into the mixture.
  6. Remove from heat and beat with an electric mixer.
  7. Gradually add cream cheese and beat until fluffy.
  8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You can make these a few hours ahead of time and reheat them. Just put 'em back on the stove, over low heat, stirring them constantly so that they don't get stuck to the bottom of your pot.




No comments:

Post a Comment