(Adapted from Allrecipes)
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- lemon zest from about 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved.
- Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. (We actually saved ours and used it as a sauce!)
- Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.