This is probably in my top ten favorite meals. It's so good, I made it twice in one week. Sun-dried tomatoes can be bit pricey, but don't leave them out! They really make this dish!
(Adapted from Guy Fieri)
- Kosher salt
- Two 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Blackening Spice Rub, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over very high heat.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the Blackening Spice Rub.
- Place in the cast-iron skillet. Blacken both sides of the chicken, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and place in the oven until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice the chicken into strips on the bias.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and lightly brown it, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the wine. Pour in the heavy cream, bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and chicken slices.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine al dente, according to the package directions. Drain.
- When the cream sauce is at the desired consistency, stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the sea salt, pepper and pasta.
- To serve, toss the pasta with the cream sauce and serve on large rimmed plates. Garnish with the green onions and the remaining parmesan.
Blackening Spice Rub:
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder