PROCEED WITH CAUTION: This Risotto is addicting.
That is all.
(Adapted from Elizabeth Minchill)
- 2 onions
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
- 1- 1/4 cup dry white vermouth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups rich chicken broth, warm
- Chop onion finely. Add to pot big enough to hold all the risotto, along with 2 tablespoons of butter and olive oil. Saute at low heat until the onion softens. About 10 minutes or so.
- Add about a tsp of salt, stir, and add the rice. Turn up the heat a bit, and stir the rice until it is well coated.
- Add the vermouth, and stir, until evaporated. Add about a cup of broth, and stir. Keep adding more broth and stirring until the rice is almost done. When it only has about 4 more minutes to cook, add the rest of the butter and stir. Then add the cheese and stir.
- Serve topped with freshly grated pepper.