- ½ red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 c. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dijon
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 c. beef broth
- 1 bottle Stubbs smoky mesquite
- 4 pork loin chops
- Purple Coleslaw (recipe below)
- Soft Brioche Buns
- Make Brioche Buns!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear pork chops for 1-2 mins on each side and place them in a dutch oven.
- Using the skillet that the chops were seared in, sauté onions and sugar until softened.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add cayenne, Dijon, and vinegar.
- Add broth and bottle of sauce and stir until combined.
- Add sauce mixture to dutch oven, bake covered at 300 F for 3 hrs
Coleslaw (Tyler Florence)
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 head purple cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced on mandoline
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the slaw. Combine the mustard, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar. Mix well and add finely sliced savoy cabbage, purple cabbage, green onions and carrots. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.