This is what happens when you're broke, out of chocolate, and experiencing intense cravings as a result of your menstrual cycle.
Sometimes you've just gotta improvise.
And sometimes you've just got to give into the crazy cravings to save everyone else from a beast-like, acid-tongued wrath.
These blondies are necessary. I'd even call them healthy.
I pretty much took a basic blondie recipe and jazzed it up a bit.
You're welcome, world.
Browned Butter White Chocolate Chip Blondies
Adapted from Food Network
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter(1-1/2 sticks), plus more for the preparing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, plus more for preparing the pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- About 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or nuts or chocolate chips or anything else that sounds delicious! (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter, and allow it to bubble, while stirring constantly, until it is fragrant and light brown in color. Don't worry if you get a few little black flakes in your mix. They add flavor!!
- Put the light brown sugar in a large bowl, add the butter, and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, mixing just until a smooth batter is formed.
- If using the chips, stir them into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in the center come out clean, about 20 minutes.
Cool the blondies in the pan slightly before inverting them onto a cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut into squares and serve. (They're delicious with ice cream!!)