Friday, April 19, 2013

PUPdate #1




I know everyone is just DYING to know what the latest news is on our baby Basset! (And by "everyone," I mean my Mamma! It's just easier to post pics on a webpage than to email them!)

So almost two weeks ago, we took the dogs on a short walk and Eleanor had a breathing attack. She was choking, couldn't breathe, foaming at the mouth, and dry heaving. She'd always had a bit of a breathing issue, but we had chalked it up to her being so small and thought nothing of it. This time was different. Boyfriend ran home and got the car while I waited in front of the grocery store across the street. The nearest emergency room was 15 minutes away-- the longest 15 minutes of my life. She sat in my lap, struggling to breathe, while we raced down the freeway. I thought she was going to die.

When we got to the ER, they took her back immediately and put her on oxygen. Long story short, we had to leave her there overnight, I didn't get to sleep until 2am, we had to cough up $300 bucks, and they couldn't tell us anything concrete.

A few vet visits later, and we still know nothing. It's looking like we'll have to take her to a cardiologist in orange county, but we'll know for sure after her check up and bloodwork on Monday. Poor little Bassie.

Oddly enough, she's been back to her normal self, ever since. She's still having a few issues when she over-exherts herself, but overall, it hasn't affected her at all. She's still a little pain in the ass, she eats like a pig, and after all of the time and money spent, we still love her to death and I feel like she's the best decision I've made in a long time.

At three months old, Ellie weighs 16 pounds and her earspan is now at 21 inches!

As for Toby, he turned four years old and he's been the best big brother a baby basset could have!





Our little freckle-bellied sunbather in action!








Good weather = lounging weather!








"Do I HAVE to use the doggie door? Cant you just open the people door?"






 AUNT KINNY IS FINALLY HERE! It was love at first sight!








Nappin' buddies!!






Nap time at the Murphaliel's!







The border at Ellie's vet has a picture of her on it!







Patio-ing!





Dogsitting the notorious Charlie Ryan/Rousseau!





"Oh, hiiiii guyyys!!"





On the way to dad's for his birthday dinner. They both just had to be in my lap...simultaneously.






My favorite furry brown pibby!



No comments:

Post a Comment