Thursday, April 18, 2013

Doggie Birthday Parties!!

I am not even ashamed to admit that I celebrate my pets' birthdays. In fact, I've been doing it for most of my life. Here's a picture of my brother and I celebrating our basset hound, Lucy's, birthday when we were wee ones! ( Clearly we are more interested in  this event than Lucy is!)



This post is a little late, but my number one boy turned four years old on March 19th, and since Boyfriend and I are in our first apartment together in a new city with a fresh start, I felt it completely necessary to make this birthday extra special!

Not only did we make him a special Doggie Birthday Cake, but he and Eleanor got special dinners and one of Toby's doggie pals even came over for cake!

Here are a few of the night's highlights:



1. I made Toby a very special dinner made up of some old steak and chicken that was in our freezer. It was so weird! First of all, I didn't season any of it at all and I didn't have to pay any attention to the way I cooked it (I just had to make sure I didn't burn it!). Second of all, I don't think I've ever even SEEN steak and chicken in the same pan before!!







2. We gave the doggies their meat mixture over  a bed of white rice. To say that they were ecstatic would be an understatement....





3. That handsome gentleman in the background is our friends' King Charles Spaniel, Charlie. He came over for cake...



....which apparently was too delicious for Toby to eat in a normal fashion. This is an action shot of him literally trying to swallow his slice whole!!!




Happy Birthday, Toby! Mama, Mattsweo, and Ellie Bear Love You!!

(Toby looks just about as thrilled as Lucy did, dontcha think?)



(I read somewhere that dogs sees shades of blue and yellow the most intensely, so I went with those colors so Tobo could really experience his birthday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment