Friday, July 12, 2013

Chicken Caesar Wrap



Since we've moved to Redlands, it's been an amazing culinary adventure in some aspects, and a total pain in the ass in other aspects. While we've been able to try a lot of new things, it's been a challenge to find cheap/quick/easy food when we're busy. One place we have found is a place called Citrus Deli, which happens to be right across the street from our apartment complex. I'll admit, I've only ever had one item from their menu: the Chicken Caesar Wrap. And while I know that this is super boring and I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, I can't help myself. It is just...so...good. I've had many chicken caesar wraps, and theirs is by far the best. At $5, it's also a really good size. However, at $5, I can't have it for lunch three times a week like I've been doing, because $15 a week adds up. So I decided to create my own! This ended up costing me just around $3 per wrap, AND I can be lazy and don't have to leave the house to get it!


(Yields One Chicken Caesar Wrap)

Ingredients:

  • Garlic butter, softened
  • One large, whole-wheat tortilla or wrap
  • 1 heaping cup romaine lettuce, chopped
  • Shredded rotisserie chicken, as desired
  • 1 small handfull of croutons
  • 2-3 tbsp caesar salad dressing
  • 1 tbsp parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Spread a thin later of garlic butter on one side of the wrap and bake it for 2 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, add romaine, chicken, croutons, dressing, and cheese in a  container with a lid (A ziplock bag will also work). Lid container and shake vigorously to combine.

  1. Lay wrap, butter side up, on a plate.
  2. Pile salad mixture on the center of the wrap, fold the ends, and then roll it up!
  3. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment