- (2) 7 oz steaks
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- salt and pepper
Brandy Peppercorn Sauce:
- ½ tsp coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tsp green peppercorns (pickled)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 tbsp Brandy
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Brush steaks with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sear steaks on skillet, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to oven for 3-4 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches about 130 F for medium rare (The temperature will rise during resting).
- Remove steaks from oven, keep warm, and let rest while making sauce.
- Add butter and garlic to pan, sauté 2-3 mins until it is just beginning to brown.
- Add broth, reduce until almost gone.
- Add brandy, cream, and both peppercorns. Reduce until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Spoon sauce over steaks and serve with Prosciutto and Sun-Dried Tomato Wrapped Asparagus.