I love beer. I love bread. I love rosemary. I love butter.
If you love all of those things, you'd better make this bread.
- 3 cups bread or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can of beer
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover the bottom of a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly butter the sides; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to combine. Add beer; stir until just combined. Fold in 3/4 cup of the gouda cheese and rosemary.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Pour melted butter evenly over top of bread.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the loaf from the oven and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve warm.