I love me some grilled corn.
I found this recipe on Bon Apetit and I decided to alter the spice rub mixture to add more flavor. I'm pretty proud of how fucking delicious it was.
(Adapted from Bon Apetit)
- 2 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/8 tsp New Mexico chile powder, plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 6 green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 8 5-to-6-inch corn tortillas
- Turn on grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cayenne, paprika, smoked salt, pepper, cumin, ancho chile powder, 1/8 teaspoon New Mexico chile powder, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle skirt steak on both sides with spice mixture and rub it in well.
- Whisk 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon lime juice in 11x7-inch glass dish.
- Add meat and turn to coat; place in single layer. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush green onions and corn with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables until slightly charred, turning occasionally, about 2 minutes for green onions and 7 minutes for corn.
- Working over bowl, cut corn from cob directly into bowl. Coarsely chop green onions and add to corn.
- Stir in cilantro, lime peel, 1/4 teaspoon chile powder, 1/2 tablespoon oil, chiles in adobo, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season relish to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill skirt steak to desired doneness, about 2 1/2 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to work surface; let rest 5 minutes.
- Place tortillas at edge of grill to warm and soften, about 1 minute.
- Arrange 2 warm tortillas on each of 4 plates.
- Thinly slice skirt steak across grain.
- Divide skirt steak and juices equally among tortillas.
- Spoon relish over each and serve.