Trying this recipe was an attempt to branch out, as well as an attempt to try to eat healthier.
It was so worth it! I could have eaten twice as much!!
(Adapted from Grace Parisi)
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 lemons, each cut into 12 wedges
- 2 italian zucchini, cut into 1/4" disks
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1/4" disks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- olive oil
- cayenne pepper
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the scallion, 1/4 of the garlic and 1/2 tablespoon of the dill. Stir in the feta, mashing it slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of dill with the olive oil. Add the shrimp and lemons, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- In another large bowl, combine zucchini and squash. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. Toss to coat.
- Thread 4 shrimp and 2 lemon wedges onto each of 12 skewers.
- Thread veggies on separate skewers.
- Grill vegetables, turning several times, until they have grill marks and are cooked through. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Season shrimp skewers with salt and pepper and grill over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the skewers to a platter and serve at once with the feta sauce and veggies.