(Adapted from Food.com)
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 lb white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy, crushed
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil, letting it hang over the sides. Spray foil.
- Pour the chocolate chips in an even layer on the foil. Place in oven for 5 minutes or until almost melted.
- Remove from oven, smooth with a spatula.
- Place in refrigerator until cold and firm, about 20 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a metal bowl over simmering water (don’t let bottom of bowl touch water), until chocolate is almost melted.
- Remove bowl from water and stir until completely melted, stirring in extract.
- Let cool a little bit so it doesn’t melt the chocolate layer when you pour it on top. Pour this over chocolate layer, and, working quickly, spread to cover.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy (I pressed the candy in just a bit).
- Chill until both layers are firm. Lift foil out of pan and shake off excess candy.
- Trim edges. Peel away foil and break into pieces. Makes about 1 pound.