Monday, November 25, 2013

Quick Asian Pickled Cucumber


Pickled cucumbers can be used for all kinds of things. You can use them for salads, chicken dishes, and if you're like Boyfriend and you love all things pickle-related, you can eat them by themselves as a snack.

A few nights ago, I wanted something to spice up a salad, so I browsed the internets for some recipes and created my own version of a quick-pickled asian style cucumber.

I must say, I think I did pretty well. =]


Ingredients:
  • 1 cucumber, peeled and quartered
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
  • a pinch of salt

Directions:
  1. Scoop seeds out of each cucumber quarter with a spoon.  
  2. Slice cucumbers thinly. Since you scooped the seeds out of each cucumber, you'll have thinly sliced half moons.
  3. Dry cucumber slices in paper towels. Squeeze to drain liquid.
  4. Combine vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds, and salt in a small bowl.
  5. Place cucumbers in a mason jar, or a small ziplock bag.
  6. Pour vinegar mixture into the jar or bag with the cucumbers.
  7. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to one week.


No comments:

Post a Comment