Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunday Sweets With Sam! Episode 3: Quick Garlic Balsamic Baked Chicken


Welcome to another episode of Sunday Sweets with Sam! This week, I made a quick chicken breast and some bomb sandwiches with homemade focaccia and balsamic garlic aioli. I'd say Sam, Boyfriend and New Roomie were pretty happy by the end of the day.


Here's a bit of background on the chicken I used for the sandwiches:


Have I mentioned that I'm a lazy asshole? Well, if I haven't, let me tell you now: I am a lazy asshole.


Believe it or not, most of the time I don't even feel up to cooking, and I have to force myself to do it.


That being said, I have become a master of simple chicken marinades. Chicken breast is the perfect meal for a lazy asshole. All I have to do it marinade and bake. The end.




Quick Garlic Balsamic Baked Chicken Breast


Ingredients:


  • Two whole chicken breasts (Thawed or frozen)
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
  2. Rub chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
  3. Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
  4. Place chicken in bowl and evenly coat breasts.
  5. Marinate for thirty minutes to two hours.
  6. Place chicken with marinade in a shallow baking dish.
  7. Bake for 20-25 minutes if thawed, or 45-55 minutes if frozen.
For the sandwiches, I sliced up the chicken, spread some aioli on some fresh baked focaccia bread, and topped it with fresh spinach. Damn good.





No comments:

Post a Comment