Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Cream Cheese and Almonds




(Photo Credit: Sam Levin)



I'm a pretty picky eater, especially when it comes to fruit. In fact, I don't generally like fruit at all (...with a mild childhood traumatic event to blame...).

Last April, Boyfriend took me to Laguna Beach for my birthday, and I had some pretty amazing food. Whenever we go somewhere outside of our ordinary lives, I do my very best to try new things, even if they don't initially sound that appetizing. We went to the K'ya Rooftop Lounge, which was literally on the rooftop of a hotel. They had runners that ran up and down the stairs from the kitchen to the lounge to transport food. It was crazy and amazing. (A picture of the view below!)



So, since I was trying to be adventurous, I decided to try their bacon-wrapped dates and I accidentally fell in love (Sorry, Boyfriend!).



Last week, we had our second Classy Bitches and Wine Night at the PuppyHaus (That's what we call our house!), so I decided to try to make these. Most of my friends were wary, but they were quite a success. They were completely gone within minutes.


Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Cream Cheese and Almonds

Ingredients


  • 18 dried dates, pitted
  • 6 pieces of bacon, cut into thirds
  • 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature is easiest to work with)
  • 18 dry roasted salted almonds
  • 18 toothpicks
  • Balsamic or red wine reduction sauce (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Using a piping bag (Or a ziplock!), pipe cream cheese into dates.
  3. Push one almond into each date (Some of the cheese may come out, but that's okay)
  4. wrap each date with a piece of bacon and stick a toothpick in each one.
  5. Bake dates in a shallow baking dish for 6 minutes, then flip them and bake them for 5 more minutes.
  6. Drizzle with sauce and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment