Saturday, June 30, 2012

Balsamic Reduction Sauce

All I can say is thank jeebus for Giada. I have no idea where I would be without some of her staple recipes.

This sauce is one I use on a lot of things. It's great on grilled vegetables, grilled fruits, steaks, chicken, bread, and pretty much all things. In fact, you'll probably find links to this recipe on a lot of my other recipes that call for it. So good it should be illegal.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons sugar

Directions:

  1. Boil balsamic vinegar and sugar in heavy, non-reactive saucepan over medium heat until it has reduced to about 1/3 cup of liquid. This should take about 18 minutes. (Be VERY careful. Taste it every few minutes. Once it has reached a syrupy consistency, it's done. I have ruined this sauce a few times because I over reduced it and it turned into a burned-tasting, sticky mess that hardened as it hit a cold plate.)
  2. Drizzle and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment