(Adapted from Epicurious)
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 cup whipping cream (or half and half, if you want to cut some calories!)
- 4 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- (2) 1/2-pint baskets fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add butter and stir on low, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add water and egg yolk and stir on low until combined.
- Gather dough into rectangle chill 20 minutes. (Can be prepared 4 days ahead. Let dough soften slightly at room temperature before rolling out.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter and flour large round tart pan.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper to a circle that is about two inches wider than your pan.
- Peel off 1 waxed paper sheet. Invert dough into prepared pan, press evenly to fit.
- Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes. Peel off second waxed paper sheet. Trim edges.
- Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans, dried rice, or pie weights. Bake until crust is set, about 12 minutes.
- Remove foil and beans. Bake until crust just begins to darken around edges, piercing with toothpick if crust bubbles, about 12 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven; maintain oven temperature.
- Spread jam over bottom of crust.
- Bake until jam is set, about 3 minutes. Transfer pan to rack; cool completely.
- Bring cream to boil in heavy small saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Transfer chocolate ganache to bowl and refrigerate until chilled but not firm, about 45 minutes or less
- Using electric mixer, beat ganache until very thick and semifirm.
- Spread ganache over jam in crust. (Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Refrigerate.)
- Arrange raspberries atop ganache.
- Stir powdered sugar and cocoa in bowl. Sift over tart.