(Adapted from Thibeault's Table)
- Long loaf of Italian Bread or long crusty rolls
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use a fork to mash the butter together with the Gorgonzola cheese.
- Mince garlic and add to cheese mixture.
- Add chopped parsley, basil, and oregano, and season with salt and pepper.
- Leave loaf whole, but cut slices so that the loaf stays together.
- Spread cheese mixture in between each slice and reshape loaf.
- Sprinkle top of loaf with Parmesan cheese and more basil if desired, and wrap in foil.
- Place in 400°F oven for 10 or 15 minutes and serve hot.