Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chocolate Fudge Frosting



I've made so many types of frostings that I generally don't even measure things out any more-- I just add stuff until it tastes good. But I've gotten so many compliments on my chocolate frosting that I decided to finally measure stuff out and put out a recipe for it.

Enjoy!


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup room temperature butter
  • 2½ cups powdered sugar (or more if you need to thicken it up)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about a half a bag)


Directions:

  1. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl until they are completely melted. Set aside to cool.
  2. Whip butter using a hand mixer or a stand mixer and gradually add powdered sugar.
  3. Add vanilla.
  4. Once chips have cooled until they are warm, but not room temperature, use a rubber spatula to slowly fold them into the butter/sugar mixture. Pipe onto cupcakes immediately or allow to chill if it's still a little melty.

No comments:

Post a Comment