Boyfriend absolutely loves jalapeños and absolutely loves bourbon. This recipe was a must! They're great on sandwiches, or just to eat by themselves!**
**Note: These pickles are EXTREMELY spicy if you don't remove the seeds just before eating them. We learned this the hard way!
(Adapted from Country Living)
- 1 pound Jalapeño Peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 1/4 cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon
- Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Transfer sliced jalapeños into one or two screw-top jars.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, bourbon, honey, coriander seeds, salt, mustard seeds, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil; then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot liquid over jalapeños and seal jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Let cool to room temperature; then refrigerate for 3 days before serving. (Jalapeño pickles can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.)