Greek-inspired, healthy-ish, boyfriend-approved, delicious as fuck. You will not be disappointed.
(Adapted from Marcie Turney)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a bowl, whisk 1/4 cup of the oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic and oregano. Fold in the artichokes, olives and feta; season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the chicken, skinned side down, and cook over moderately high heat until browned, 3 minutes; turn and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast the chicken for 10 minutes, until white throughout.
- Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon the sauce on top. Garnish with the parsley and serve.