You may be familiar with my strong relationship with buffalo sauce. If I can put it on something that it may realistically pair with, I will do it. When I found this recipe for buffalo style salmon, I was both intrigued and a little scared. This dish was surprisingly delicious, and not just because I'm obsessed with buffalo sauce. Boyfriend loved it, too!
(Adapted from Ian Knauer)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce such as Frank's Redhot
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 salmon filets (6-7 oz each)
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in upper third. Lightly oil a shallow baking pan.
- Melt butter with hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper over medium heat. Set aside 1/4 cup sauce.
- Toss panko with oil in a bowl.
- Put salmon in baking pan and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then brush with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle panko evenly over top of fish, then bake until panko is golden and fish is just cooked through, 16 to 22 minutes.
- Serve reserved sauce on the side.