Thursday, August 9, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pizza






I'm seriously considering adding a "Buffalo" section to this blog. If there are two things I'll never get sick of, they're buffalo sauce and caesar salad (I have no idea why!). Buffalo sauce, in particular, is like crack to me. I could literally eat a spoonful of it and be satisfied.

That being said, once I found the recipe for the perfect pizza dough, of COURSE I had to make a buffalo chicken pizza.


Buffalo Chicken Pizza


Ingredients:

  • Perfect Pizza Dough
  • 1 whole chicken breast, cooked and shredded (You can also use shredded store bought rotisserie chicken)
  • 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped

Directions
  1. To bake, preheat the oven  to 500˚ F.  Place a foil lined cookie sheet in the oven and allow it to heat up for 15-30 minutes.
  2. Transfer the dough to your shaping surface, lightly sprinkled with cornmeal.  Shape the dough with lightly floured hands.  Brush the outer edge lightly with olive oil.  Top as desired.  
  3. Bake until the crust is golden brown, and cheese is bubbling, 8-12 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment