Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Norcal Anniversary Trip Random Fun Facts!

Here are a list of random Fun Facts from our Anniversary trip up the coast of California!

1. Shot Glass Madness: Early on in our venture, we decided that we were going to start collecting shot glasses from everywhere we had been. Boyfriend suggested that this could easily get out of control. I wasn't completely sure of this at first, but it quickly became apparent that you can buy souvenir shot glasses pretty much anywhere. Yup. He was right. Out. Of. Con-trol.

2. COWS!: As we made our way through central California, I realized just how many cows are roaming around the hills on the sides of Highway 1. Shit, I love cows. They're like big, slow, mooing dogs. I also realized how close they were to the sides of the road, and how easy it must be to pet them. I made it my goal to pet one before got home. We saw cows close to the sides of the road numerous times, but didn't have much time to stop. I pretty much squealed with excitement every time. When we finally found a place where it seemed possible to touch the cows, I got out of the car and found myself strangely terrified. When I finally got the balls to get close enough to touch the two cows close to the fence, they scattered. I tried a couple more times with the same result. So grazing livestock cows are afraid of people. I was more or less devastated....until I saw this ad on craigslist while I was looking for places I could pet a cow:

"My girlfriend's favorite animal is a cow and it would mean the world to her if she could pet a cow, maybe even feed it. I'd be willing to pay for the experience. I would like to do this on the 21 of June, because it would be our 1 year anniversary.

Thank You."

I squealed again with excitement, assuming that Boyfriend had posted this. Sadly, he did not, BUT it's still a pretty weird coincidence.

3. Corner Windows: One thing I noticed about coastal California was all of the weird folded corner windows. I had never seen them before. These windows are literally bent at a 90 degree angle on corners of houses overlooking the ocean. It totally baffled me, so I did a fair amount of research. I found out that they're really trendy in central Cali because they provide panoramic views. Strange that I haven't seen them on houses near SoCal's beaches, though. 

4. Stripper Heels: A few weeks before our trip, boyfriend made an offhand comment about how he wanted me to wear high heels. I ended up buying a pair to go with my fancy outfit for our dinner at Black Cat Bistro. I NEVER wear heels, nor do I have the slightest clue how to walk in them. The night before our trip, my roommates made me practice in them by walking around Home Depot and Target. It was pretty traumatizing. They also made an appearance at a Classy Bitches Night at our house a couple weeks later...

5. Car Meltdown: The drive back home to Southern California was pretty brutal. It was long and once we got to LA, there was some pretty significant traffic. Now, keep in mind, I had been sitting in the car without a break since San Luis Obispo. With traffic, that was almost 4 hours of sitting in a tiny car with a smelly dog and Boyfriend. In addition to this, I was exhausted and dehydrated. By the time we got to LA, we were so close to home, but so far with traffic. I was getting claustrophobic, the car was stuffy, the sun was too bright. I completely lost it. 

I had a full on temper tantrum in the car, complete with irrational, broken sentences and uncomfortable, erratic body flailing. Thank Jeebus I have such a patient Boyfriend who was able to remain calm during this, because I'm pretty sure anyone else would have thrown me out of the car, or at least slapped me in the face. I was so upset I was almost crying. This went on for almost an hour, during which I made a series of high pitched groans and whines while shifting and squirming uncomfortably in my seat. I also argued aimlessly with Boyfriend about which route to take. I had no clue which route would be best-- I just wanted to get home. I basically just yelled at Boyfriend about how he was wrong until I ran out of reasons to yell and I fell asleep.

Hello, internet. My name is Jillian and I behave like a two year old when I've been in the car too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment