It is not uncommon for my roommates and I to get a sudden urge to bake cookies. In fact, this seems to be a weekly occurrence.
This week, Roommate had his heart set on baking something with Nutella. We had a jar of it in the cabinet, and knowing Roommate all too well, I was sure it was expired. And it was!
This tragedy was quickly resolved by Roommate buying a mega pack of Nutella at Costco.
And thus began a four-night streak of nutella blossoms, during which we baked two separate batches and probably collectively gained 90 pounds from all of the shortening.
(Adapted from While I Breathe)
3/4 cup Nutella
1/2 cup shortening (or butter)
2 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour (use judgement if more needed)
approximately 40-48 Hershey Kisses
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- cream together Nutella and shortening
- add in brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth
- mix in egg, milk and vanilla
- in separate bowl mix salt, baking soda, and flour- slowly add to wet mixture
- roll dough into 1 inch balls and coat balls in extra granulated sugar
- bake for 5 minutes
- remove and press in Hershey Kisses (sing a Christmas song while you do)
- put back in oven and bake for additional 2 minutes