- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into medallion-sized pieces
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (You can also use dried parsley. See my note here.)
- Preheat oven to 200°.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge in flour.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat; when hot add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink. Set aside in a warm oven.
- Add additional oil and butter to the skillet, then garlic and cook a few seconds; add mushrooms, salt and pepper stirring occasionally until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, chicken broth, parsley; stir, breaking up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook a few more minutes or until the liquid reduces by half.
- Top the chicken with the mushroom sauce and serve over rice.