- 2 salmon filets, thawed
- 1 whole lemon
- 4 slices of butter (I probably used about a tablespoon per filet, but you can use more or less)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced and crushed
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lay out two pieces of heavy duty foil (About 12-18 inches long)
- Slice lemon into thin rounds. (Optional: Save the ends for zesting!)
- Lay six lemon slices into the middle of each piece of foil. (You'll have two rows of three. You'll want to overlap them a bit so it will be roughly the size of your salmon filet.)
- Lay your salmon filets on top of each bed of lemon slices.
- Divide the minced garlic evenly and sprinkle it over each filet.
- Place two slices of butter onto each filet, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If you saved your lemon ends, zest them over the salmon.
- Wrap foil tightly around salmon by taking to opposite ends of the foil and bringing them together over the salmon. Fold the edges down a few times, creating a seal. Take the two remaining ends, twist them, and bend them upward.
- Place salmon packets on a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes