Saturday, February 25, 2012

Quick Shrimp and Basil Pasta



I'm not even going to pretend that I'm not a lazy asshole sometimes. Yes, I love food, and yes, I love to cook, but a lot of the time, I don't really feel like cooking, or even waiting for food to cook. A lot of the time, the urge to be lazy and sit in front of the tv watching Grey's Anatomy and eating a protein bar wins over cooking a nice dinner when I've worked all day and I'm exhausted and starving.

I got the idea for this pasta at a dinner party I went to years ago, and I tweaked it a bit, created my own version, and it's been my lazy-night "fancy" dinner go-to ever since. Oh, and did I mention it's totally healthy? Every time I make this, I feel like a fancy, wealthy, food-saavy, hipster, health nut. I should just buy a pair of Tom's and some thick-rimmed glasses already to really fit the part.


Shrimp and Basil Pasta

Ingredients

  • 1/2 package whole wheat thick spaghetti
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 1/2 lb. fresh uncooked (cleaned) shrimp (frozen works, too!)
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
  • 2-4 ounces goat cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • balsamic vinegar to taste
Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package instructions
  2. Saute shrimp in a pan over medium heat in olive oil until shrimp is fully cooked and pink in color
  3. Add the pasta to the pan with the shrimp.
  4. Fold in basil, and stir until it is slightly wilted
  5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  6. Serve with crumbled goat cheese and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar
Note: Make sure that you crumble the goat cheese on the pasta after you've plated it, or the cheese will melt and disappear into the pasta mixture (And it is a serious bummer haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment