Believe it or not, I'm not actually a huge asparagus fan. It looks weird. And it's green. And it makes your pee smell weird. And half the time, all I can think about is this episode of Veggie Tales I saw when I was a little kid, where a little asparagus boy was terrorized by the grapes of wrath.
Anyway. The sweet tanginess of balsamic vinegar really takes these weird green things to the next level. It's absolutely delicious, and that's coming from an asparagus hater. This preparation of asparagus also pairs wells with almost everything and makes an awesome, healthy side dish!
Balsamic Roasted Asparagus
(Adapted from Food.com )
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Arrange asparagus in single layer on baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat, stir in soy sauce and vinegar.
- Drizzle over asparagus, toss well to coat.