Saturday, April 7, 2012

Awesome-mazing Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip







I love cheese. And I love garlic. And to be honest, I'm such a picky eater that I'm actually surprised that I love artichoke, too. I have made this dip many, many times, and have been asked over and over for the recipe. It is that good. No joke.


Unfortunately for everyone, I hadn't exactly written a recipe for it until now. I always just kind of threw things together until the combination tasted good.


But I finally did it. You're welcome, internet.




Awesome-mazing Baked Spinach and Arichoke Dip


Ingredients




  • 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature (Sometimes I add a bit more!)
  • 6 cloves of garlic, minced
  • ¼ cup mayonnaise
  • 10 ounces of frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  • 13.75 ounces canned artichoke hearts, chopped (Every recipe I’ve ever found for a spinach artichoke dip calls for 15 ounces. 15! Do they know that cans only come with 13.75 ounces!?
  • A splash of hot sauce. I like Cholula or Tapatio, but we’ve also used a packet of Taco Bell hot sauce. Anything will work, really.  (My friend Candice can’t stand spicy foods, and she loves this dip, so don’t freak out if you’re like her. It doesn’t make it spicy, it just adds flavor. I’ve tried it without the sauce and it is completely different. Just add ittttt!!)
  • 2 cups shredded mozerella cheese
  •  1 cup sour cream
  • Bread, chips, pizza, chicken, spoons, shoes, or really anything else you want to dip this in. It tastes amazing on everything. It really does.



Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Combine cream cheese, garlic, mayo, spinach, artichokes, hot sauce, cheese, and sour cream together in a medium mixing bowl.
  3. Spoon mixture into a glass pan or baking dish
  4. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly and golden-brown.
  5. Let it cool a bit, and enjoy it warm!!


    *Store it covered and refrigerated for up to five days. To reheat, put it in a microwave safe dish and cover it with a damp paper towel. Zap it for 30 seconds to a minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment