Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blue Moon Beer Cupcakes




I know, I know. Blue Moon is a "girl beer." 

And you know what? I will readily admit that I am one of those girls that loves it. How can I not? Squeeze an orange slice in it and it's pretty much an orgasm in a glass. Almost.

On a side note: Actually, to be honest, I'm not much of a glass person. I really enjoy drinking beer from the bottle. Boyfriend is a beer snob and totally gives me shit for this every time ("The flavor is totally different! You're not getting the full effect of the beer if it's not in a glass!"), but I feel like the bottle adds to the experience of drinking a cold, refreshing beer.

I know this is my first cupcake post, but believe me when I say I am pretty masterful with cupcakes. In fact, this website was originally going to be only cupcake recipes, but I decided against it since I love to cook everything. Also, the more I bake cupcakes, the more I eat cupcakes, and that's really not good for my ass or Boyfriend's gut, so I had to ease up on the baking a bit.

But tonight is a girl's night. And it's raining. And it's "that time of the month" again. And goddamnit, we're going to get a little tipsy and bake some beer cupcakes.

Well, maybe not TOO tipsy....

The last time I made these, I made them while visiting Candice in Santa Clara....and we were four beers past wasted by the time we got to the frosting part. And let's just say it wasn't pretty...


So....here goes take two!


Blue Moon Beer Cupcakes


Ingredients

Makes 12 Cupcakes

Cupcakes:
  • 3/4 cups butter, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • zest of 1 orange
  • 1 1/4 cup Blue Moon
  • 1/4 cup milk

Frosting:
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 5 cups powdered sugar
  • 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice


Directions
Cupcakes:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 24-cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
  4. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and orange zest.
  5. Beat in milk and beer.
  6. Gradually add flour and continue to mix until smooth.
  7. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 16-18 minutes

Frosting:
  1. Cream together butter and cream cheese.
  2. Add orange juice.
  3. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
  4. Pipe onto cupcakes and garnish with orange zest,





No comments:

Post a Comment