Friday, April 27, 2012

Blue Cheese Tossed Salad with Balsamic BBQ Sauce Glazed Chicken Breast



Here's a little something I whipped up for Boyfriend and I a couple of nights ago. I was tired and starving, and we're both poor, so I used things we already had. And I must say, it turned out pretty damn good.

(Serves 2-3)

Ingredients:

2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed)

1 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced (I used 1 tablespoon out of a jar...we were out of fresh garlic!!)

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Montreal chicken or steak seasoning (You can use McCormick, or you can make a mock version if you have all of the stuff, recipe here) ((ORRR, you can just use good ol' salt and pepper!))
Mixed baby greens
Blue cheese salad dressing (I really think the best one is Marie's Blue Cheese. It comes in a  glass jar in the refrigerated salad aisle.)


Directions:

To Make Sauce:
Combine vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, worcestershire, dijon, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer and reduce until it is thick and fragrant, and it has reduced to about 1/3 it's volume. Set Aside.

To Make the Chicken:
Rub chicken with seasoning and cook it in an oiled pan over medium-high heat, flipping two or three times, until internal temperature has reached 160 degrees.

Put chicken on a plate and glaze with some of the sauce.

To Assemble:
Toss salad in desired amount of dressing. 

Slice chicken, place it over the salad, and drizzle more BBQ sauce over it.

ENJOY! =]



2 comments:

  1. This recipe looks so tasty. I love balsamic vinegar. I would love it if you would share it on my linky party Tout It Tuesday! http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/05/tout-it-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete